I believe that a solid foundation in drawing is the key to success in effectively communicating any creative vision. This is why I constantly reinforce basic good drawing habits and practices, design and composition, as well as proven techniques for accurate drawing (perspective techniques, measuring, sighting, and control) so that my students will have the power to sell their ideas with confidence when they leave our institution.
I work as an editorial, book and advertising illustrator, so I am able to teach techniques for making commercial art in a fast-paced work environment. I specialize in digital drawing and painting techniques.
- Over 30 illustrations published in The New Yorker
- Twelve pieces accepted into the Museum of American Illustration
- Founder of KyleBrush.com, the world's leading seller of custom Photoshop brushes
- Invited by the School of Visual Arts, NYC, to teach a special summer course in digital painting in Berlin.
- Creator of two top-50 iPhone games, 2009 and 2010
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- Society of Illustrators Annual Show
- American Illustration
- Communication Arts
- Board of Directors, ICON - the Illustration Conference
- Judge, the Society of Illustrators Annual
- The American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA)