Before coming to UNCSA, Bob Francesconi was director and teacher at Columbia College and teacher and actor with the Menagerie Mime Theater, touring and teaching nationally with Mr. James Donlon. He is also a consultant and master teacher in creative drama, improvisation, mime, mask and clowning.
- Trained with Yass Hakoshima, Carlo Mazzone-Clementi, Philip Mann and Richard Rothrock.
- Guest teacher and artist at the International Mime Festival and Institute in 1974 and 1978.
- Served as a consultant in gifted and talented arts education programs for the South Carolina Arts Commission and the South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities.
- Has taught master classes in mask and movement in Moscow, Russia, at the Nemirovich-Danchenko School-Studio of the Moscow Art Theatre, Lunacharsky State University of Theatre Arts and the Shchepkin Theatre School of Maly Dramatic Academy; in Barcelona, Spain, at the Institute del Teatre; and in Singapore at the Singapore American School.
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- Featured master teacher at the 1990 International Movement Symposium in Moscow, Russia.
- Has served on the Institute of International Education’s selection committee for Fulbright and foreign sponsored scholarship awards.
M.A.Humboldt State University
B.A.Humboldt State University