Dale M. Pollock returned to emeritus faculty status in 2021 after coming out of retirement to serve as Interim Dean of the UNCSA School of Filmmaking in 2020 and 2021.
- Dean of the School of Filmmaking at UNCSA (1999-06), Interim Dean (2020-21)
- Dale M. Pollock Endowed Professorship of Filmmaking at UNCSA
- Author of “Skywalking: The Life and Films of George Lucas” which has sold more than 150,000 copies and remains in print
- Co-founder of the Producing Program, American Film Institute
- Responsible for creating the RiverRun International Film Festival in Winston-Salem
- Recipient of the 2016 UNC Board of Governors Award for Teaching Excellence
- Recipient of the 2020 Arts Council of Winston-Salem Award
- Nominated for the Pulitzer Prize in the early 1980s
- Head film critic, Daily Variety, and chief entertainment correspondent, Los Angeles Times
- President, A&M Films
- Ran his own film company, Peak Productions for 10 years, producing the box office hit "Set It Off"
M.S. CommunicationsSan Jose State University
B.A. AnthropologyBrandeis University
Management Development ProgramHarvard Graduate School of Education