Ilana Coleman is a Mexican-U.S. filmmaker who was named one of Filmmaker Magazine’s “25 New Faces of Independent Film in 2017.” She is an adjunct professor in the undergraduate producing program in the School of Filmmaking.
- Her feature length directorial debut, “The Inventory,” has received support from Sundance Institute, Field of Vision and Ibermedia.
- Directorial work has screened in Morelia, Guanajuato, Fantasia and REDCAT.
- Collaborated as a producer or editor on works that have played at IFFR, FICUNAM, Ambulante, DOKUFEST, Habana, the Lincoln Center of New York and True/False.
- Invited producer to the Rotterdam Lab, representing Sin Sitio Cine, a collective she co-founded that is based in both Mexico and the U.S., which strive to champion filmmakers working within their own communities.
Awards, Recognitions and Honors
- Jóvenes Creadores Scholarship, FONCA
M.F.A. Film DirectingCalifornia Institute of the Arts
B.A. CommunicationUniversidad Iberoamericana