Kate Storhoff is a musicologist whose research focuses on the American wind ensemble, with specific interests in canonicity, gender and musical communities in the 20th and 21st centuries.
- Current adjunct instructor and former visiting assistant professor teaching Introduction to Western Music, American Music and Theory I, Wake Forest University, 2018-present
- Instructor of record for thirteen classes during three years as a PhD teaching assistant, including music history (Antiquity-1750 and 1750-present), music literature, modern popular music and world music at Florida State
- Performed (crumhorn, recorder and viola da gamba) in and directed instrumental ensembles at Wake Forest and Florida State
- Presented research at national meetings of the American Musicological Society, College Music Society, Society for American Music and at regional meetings of the American Musicological Society and Society for Ethnomusicology
- American Band History Interest Group for the Society for American Music, chair