Katherine Wiley teaches Humanities in the Division of Liberal Arts. She enjoys a diverse career as a professional violinist, music educator, arts entrepreneur, and mindfulness teacher. She is a certified Koru Mindfulness teacher, and her class "Mindfulness, Meditation, and Education" draws on 30 years of teaching experience to explore the intersection of mindfulness and learning.
- Certified Koru Mindfulness Teacher, Center for Koru Mindfulness, Durham, N.C.
- Guest lecturer, Wake Forest University and UNCSA
- Director, Blue Ridge Suzuki Camp
- Violinist, Winston-Salem Symphony
- Director and teacher, Piedmont Suzuki Studio
- Former Assistant Instructor, Indiana University Jacobs School of Music
- Member, Suzuki Association and American String Teachers Association
- Past President, North Carolina Suzuki Teachers Association
- Member, Winston-Salem Youth Orchestras Advisory Council
- Former member, Winston-Salem Symphony Education Committee
Awards, Recognitions & Honors
- Winner, Baltimore Chamber Music Competition
- Citizen Citation from Mayor of Baltimore for volunteer crisis counselor for Sexual Assault Recovery Center
M.M. Pedagogy and PerformanceEast Carolina University
B.A. MusicOberlin College