Assistant Professor of Sound Design Lindsay Putnam has designed an assortment of works including award-winning escape rooms, musicals and plays. She has worked at a variety of venues including Chicago Shakespeare Theatre, Disneyland, The Den Theatre, Stockton Theatre Project, Ground & Field Festival, Pegasus Playlab, TheatreUCF, Dr. Phillips Center, South Coast Repertory, PCPA, Solvang Festival Theatre, The Escape Ventures and many online streaming platforms. Her prior teaching experience includes the University of Central Florida and the Pacific Conservatory Theatre.
My goal is to guide each student as they discover their creative practice and develop their own distictive style as a designer. It is my hope that by the time they are ready to graduate, my students will feel confident in their artistic ability to create unique sound experiences in various entertainment fields.
- Instructor, Sound Director and Designer, Pacific Conservatory Theatre, 2021-22
- Instructor, Sound Designer and Engineer, University of Central Florida, 2018-21
- Developed podcast focused class in response to shift to online learning, University of Central Florida, 2020-21
- Co-collaborated on "Amplify, Empower, Illuminate: Four Plays, Many Diverse Voices" series producing recorded plays written by BIPOC individuals, University of Central Florida, 2020
- Sound Designer and System Engineer, The Escape Ventures, 2019-21
- Head of Audio and Technician, The Walt Disney Company, Disneyland, 2012-16
Awards, Honors & Recognitions
- Lead sound designer for escape rooms "Outage: No Vacacny" and "Bros for Life Fraternity Heist" at The Escape Ventures which won Escape Authority: 5 Keys 2021, Most Unique Gameplay 2021, Best Puzzles 2021 as well as the Bullseye Award for Player's Choice In-Person Escape Room - Bronze Winner 2020 collectively
- Member, IATSE Local 504
- Member, The United States Institute for Theatre Technology
M.F.A. Dramatic ArtUniversity of California, Davis
B.A. Theatre ArtsCalifornia State University, Fullerton