Nikki Hyde is an Assistant Professor of Stage Management in the School of Design & Production and has spent her career as a stage manager for theater, opera and special events. For over 15 years, she has worked on productions ranging from staged readings of new work to community musical pageants with over 200 cast members. She is a longtime ensemble member of Cornerstone Theater Company.
- Stage Management Faculty, California Institute of the Arts School of Theater, 2019-2022
- Temporary Appointed Lecturer at University of California San Diego Department of Theatre and Dance, 2019, 2021 & 2022
- Guest speaker at notable universities including the Yale School of Drama, New York University, Occidental College, Rio Hondo College, University of California Irvine, and University of Southern California
- Stage manager of over 15 productions with Cornerstone Theater Company, a preeminent community-engaged arts organization in the U.S.
- Stage managed productions at Los Angeles Opera, Hollywood Bowl, Walt Disney Concert Hall, Kennedy Center, The Public Theater, San Diego Opera, MCC Theater, South Coast Repertory, Tulsa Opera, Pasadena Playhouse, Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, Cincinnati Opera, and Center Theatre Group, among other companies around the US
- Contributed the essay "Stage Managing a Beautifully Complicated History" to "Off Headset: Essays on Stage Management Work, Life, and Career," edited by Rafael Jaen and Christopher Sadler, published by Routledge
- Board of Directors, Notch Theatre Company
- Board Member, Stage Managers’ Association Foundation
- Ensemble Member, Cornerstone Theater Company
- Member, Actors' Equity Association
- Member, American Guild of Musical Artists
- Nominations & Elections Committee, Stage Managers’ Association
B.A. TheatreUniversity of Southern California