Pooja Gupta teaches producing in the School of Filmmaking. She has over a decade of experience in developing and producing multimedia content for film and television as a content producer and story editor for networks and media companies such as MGM Television, ABC, MTV, E!, BRAVO, FYI and WEtv Networks. As a writer and producer, Pooja has apprenticed under some of the most notable screenwriters and showrunners in Hollywood, including "The Killing" with Veena Sud and "The Witcher" with Declan de Barra.
I always makes a point to foster and build environments that are positive, creative, and fuel and support committed artists.
- Head of Creative Development for Jewson Film Fund, a fund dedicated to films written and directed by women for women
- Diversity Scholar at the critically acclaimed The Impro Theater / IMPRO STUDIO in Los Angeles
- Heavy involvement in the production of Netflix's "The Witcher" which included being in the writer's room and acting as the writer's assistant for the showrunner, shooting internationally, researching and tracking mythology and liasing with heads of departments across the production
- Working on a variety of series including "The Stranger," "Real Housewives OC: Tamara Barney's OC Wedding," "Married at First Sight: TFY," "WAGS: MIAMI," "High Crimes" and "Mary Mary"
- Developed and wrote series bible for "Married in 7 Days" – a social experiment show for India's largest television network
- Developed original content for NASA & Delhi Metro Line
- Worked with Workaholic ENT Group, a Marlon Wayans Company, in content ideation, treatments, designing decks and producing sizzle reel
M.F.A. Film DirectingCalifornia Institute of the Arts
B.A. Art History, Film TheoryHampshire College